Posted Date: 10/25/2021
The Tennessee Governor's Schools provide eleven challenging and high-intensity programs for rising 11th and 12th grade students. Each school offers a unique learning environment for students interested in the arts, humanities, agriculture science, STEM programs, advanced mathematics, physics, leadership, international studies, Tennessee history, or potential teaching careers.
Though the admissions requirements and selection criteria vary by program, students who are invited to participate in a Tennessee Governor’s School typically:
1. rank in the top 10 percent of their class in academic performance/capability;
2. display a high degree of motivation to participate in the school for the entire program;
3. possess the ability to manage a curriculum that stresses creative conceptual thinking;
4. express willingness to expend considerable time and effort in the content area selected; and
5. demonstrate emotional maturity and possess evidence of many characteristics and attributes of a high-performing student
Students interested in participating in a Governor's School should obtain the application from their school counselor. Application deadlines vary.
For more information, see Mr. Royston or Ms. Dee in the guidance office.
Lenoir City High School
School Counselor (11th Grade)